Friday, November 01, 2013

The Satanic Bridegroom is Here!

As you may have already heard via Facebook, Twitter, private e-mail or sky writing, my novel, The Satanic Bridegroom, is now available for Kindle on Amazon. Link here. I'll work on getting it up on Barnes & Noble and iTunes ASAP. The neat thing is, it automatically got added to Goodreads; now I just need to create an author page and see if I can get the cover photo on there.

It's funny to post about the novel here on this blog, because Sniff the Light Fantastic was actually one of the early steps in the journey. I created Sniff in late 2004 after the dust had settled from a transitional period in my life and I realized I needed to start doing something creative again. What I came up with (or what just sort of happened on its own) was a goofy ongoing story about my fictional attempts to get my fictional screenplay, "Night of the Lobster," made into a fictional movie. I enjoyed writing it, but as time went on I realized that I was putting more and more effort into each new post, and the thought occurred to me: shouldn't I be channeling this energy into writing something more substantial?

It was an important moment, because I realized that I enjoyed working hard at writing when there was an element of fun to it. If I were able to maintain that sense of play, all I really needed to achieve my lifelong dream of completing a novel was a direction in which to move and a little bit of discipline. In time I was able to find both, and The Satanic Bridegroom is the weird-ass result.

I do hope that people enjoy the book. I very much wanted to write something entertaining, and even if it came out strange and misguided, I think there are enough shivers and chuckles to keep people turning to the last page. Let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home